In April we had done a post on the referral program of Firstrade. Of late, we have been receiving several requests from a lot of our readers for referrals towards opening a brokerage account at Firstrade. This post will be very relevant for understanding the time frame of getting the credits from Firstrade. We had opened a brokerage account at Firstrade with a referral from our friend. The details of the referral program has already been discussed in our previous post.
The time frame in which we received the credits is as follows:
- Our promotional period was between 3/27/06 to 4/27/06 - we had to execute our five transactions in this period to get credits for them.
- We executed our five transactions on 04/07/06.
- Then we wrote to Firstrade that we had executed 5 trades for which we needed the credit of $34.75 from Firstrade.
- Firstrade verified the referral manually within a couple of weeks.
- Then they sent us an email notifying us that our referral was a valid one and we would get our credit of $34.75 within 8 weeks i.e. by the end of June 2006.
- On 05/25/06 we got our referral cash credit of $34.75 from Firstrade i.e. within 4 weeks from the verification of our referral !
We are very satisfied customers of our brokerage firm Firstrade. In appreciation for our business, Firstrade also sent us a free T-shirt. Its really a win-win !