We are true to our promise of posting a Free Money deal every week for our valued readers. This week we found an amazing AMEX credit card from Citibank which is offering $100 as sign-up bonus. Earlier Citibank had offered Visa and Master credit cards but this is the first time they are offering an AMEX credit card.
Deal : Link
- Bonus : Receive 10,000 (equivalent to $100) Thank You Points after your first purchase within 3 months of account opening.
- You can redeem the 10,000 bonus points for a $100 Gift Card from Citi's Thank You Network.
- Cash / Points Back :
- 5 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations for 12 months and 1 ThankYou Point thereafter.
- 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 spent on other purchases.
- Annual Fees : No Annual Fee.
- Benefits :
- Special savings on travel, dining, car rentals, hotels, clothing, electronics and more.
- Lookout for the coupons in mail.
- Citi Identity Theft Solutions and Fraud Early Warning.
- Up to $1 million Travel Accident Insurance.
- Retail Protection, Price Protection and Extended Warranty.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance.
- This is a new benefit offered by this card. We are going to test it to see how it works. We have paid quite a lot of cancellation fees during our travels this summer.
- Worldwide Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance
- This is an execellent benefit. When we rented a car this summer we did sustain some serious damages due to the negligence of another driver in the lane next to us. We have filed a claim and hopefully it will save us hundreds of dollars spent for repairs by the rental company. We encourage our readers to look out for this benefit whenever shopping for a new credit card. Our friends have also gained a lot from this feature whenever they have been involved in accidents. Most credit card companies cover the deductibles (of our auto insurance) which we shell out from our wallets.
- Note : There IS a balance transfer fee with this offer. They are offering 0% APR for balance transfers for 12 months.
- Fine Print : Please read it carefully - link. Also glance through the Terms & Conditions.
- Discuss : Fat Wallet Thread
- Update: This deal has expired!
We have applied for this card. We shall keep our readers posted about our experience with Citibank's Amex credit card. So far our experience with Citibank has been good. We usually buy gas cards with our Thank You Network points. We encourage our readers to leave comments about their experiences with this deal.