Check out 2006's 50 Coolest Websites from TIME. We found the following sites very helpful:
- We found an interesting site named Charity Navigator [in the category NEWS & INFORMATION] which has independently evaluated the financial health of 5000 charities.
- For staying connected, Meebo is the king. To quote TIME:
- "In geekspeak, it's an IM unifier. In plain English, it's a one-stop shop for all your instant-messaging needs. Which is to say that Meebo puts all your IM clients the individual programs that make instant-messaging services incompatible with one another into one browser window. There's no need to download all the different apps (MSN, AOL/ICQ, Yahoo, Jabber/Gtalk) to your computer to have any and all types of IM conversations. Available in four dozen languages."
- We have been using kayak alongwith sidestep for our travel needs. Also, we had done a post on Zillow for home appraisals earlier this year. Check out the other new kids in the category "Travel & Real Estate".
- Zipcar - Car Sharing
- Farecast - Air-Fare prediction engine
- HopStop - Provides step-by-step directions via bus or subway in four cities: New York, Boston, Washington and San Francisco.
- Central Park - A comprehensive, interactive guide to one of the world's most famous public spaces.
- Yelp - Read what "real people" are saying about restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, etc. in New York, Seattle, Phoenix and 21 other cities, or submit written reviews of your own.
- In the category Web Search & Services we felt that McAfee SiteAdvisor which stops you from clicking through to websites where spyware, worms, and other cyber threats lurk is an extremely useful tool. The best part is that its a FREE Download. Also check out the different new search engines for various categories.
FINALLY check to see if your blog is listed on TIME'S 50 COOLEST BLOGS for 2005! Heartiest congratulations to our fellow bloggers who made it to the list.