[This post is written and copyrighted by FIRE Finance (http://firefinance.blogspot.com).]
Feb 17, 2010: Citibank is offering $100 as a sign up bonus when we open a new qualifying regular checking account.
- If you want to open an account by visiting a branch or calling 1-866-583-6708, mention code C2CA.
- To qualify for the checking bonus, you must open a new qualifying regular checking account in either the Citibank® Account or Citibank Everything Counts® Account or in the Citigold® account relationship package.
- Make $1,000 in deposits in the new checking account by 03/31/2010.
- $100 will be deposited to your Citibank checking account within 120 days from the end of the statement period in which you met the qualifying requirements. Your Citibank checking account must be in good standing at the time each bonus payment is deposited.n
- Beginning no later than the first month after account opening, customer must complete at least ONE of the following to get $100:
- One direct deposit to your checking account for three consecutive months.
- OR at least TWO electronic bill payments from your checking account for three consecutive months. Electronic bill payments are those you make using Citibank® Online, Citi Mobile® or CitiPhone Banking®. A bill that is paid by making a transfer between linked accounts does not qualify as a bill payment for this offer.
- OR five or more qualifying signature purchase transactions using your Citibank debit card each month for three consecutive months. Qualifying purchases must be submitted through the MasterCard® Network and are those for which either you or a merchant designates as a "credit" transaction (including purchases you sign for, small dollar purchases that do not require a signature and use of your MasterCard® PayPass), Internet, phone and mail-order transactions. Qualifying purchases do not include those initiated using a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other transactions submitted through other payment processing networks.