[This post is written and copyrighted by FIRE Finance (http://firefinance.blogspot.com).]
This card has been discontinued. You may like to check out Amex's Preferred Rewards Gold Card which is currently offering a $100 bonus.
Chase has a card with a catchy name up its sleeve "FREE Cash Rewards Visa." It is offering an introductory 0% APR for up to 12 months on all purchases and balance transfers. Plus there is a 1% cash back on all purchases alongwith a tiny $10 sign-up bonus.
- Online Link: Deal & Details
- Earn 1 point for every dollar in purchases. Maximum base point accumulations are 60,000 points per calendar year on net purchases.
- No points will be earned on balance transfers, cash advances, overdraft protection advances, convenience checks, money orders, finance charges, unauthorized or fraudulent charges or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of our account.
- 1,000 Bonus Points with our first purchase. Please allow 4-6 weeks after our first purchase for points to be applied to our account.
- Intro 0% Fixed APR for up to 12 months on all purchases and balance transfers. The time period for the introductory APR and the balance transfers to which it will apply will be based on Chase's review of our application and credit history.
- No Annual Fee
- Rewards Redemption: Get rewards with as few as 2,500 points. We can choose from either a $25 check or a $25 gift card/certificate from leading national merchants for every 2,500 points earned.
Also, if we are planning to buy some big ticket items, then the intro 0% APR on all purchases can help us avoid credit card interest. We can get away with paying the minimum amount every month and then pay off the entire balance in the final (12th) month. Not only does this buy us time but we can squeeze it further by earning interest on our shopping money by stashing it away in a high yield money market savings account.