Editor's Note: This post was published at the Carnival of Credit Card #2.
This week our featured free money deal is from First National Bank(FNB). FNB is offering a $50 sign-up bonus for their Rewards Advantage Platinum Edition Visa Card. We are quite pleased with FNB's credit card, its online management system and prompt delivery of the sign-up bonus. This post discusses our experience with FNB in details. The sign-up bonus of $50 is sent as a gift card.
- Deal: Link
- Bonus: Receive a $50 gift card when you use your card within the first 3 billing cycles after your account is opened.
- Please note that you shall receive 6000 reward points which you may use to order a $50 gift card of your choice.
- We had ordered a $50 Shell Gas Card with our 6000 bonus reward points.
- Cash / Points Back:
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 in purchases.
- Annual Fees: No Annual Fee.
- Grace Period: Not less than 20 days from the date of the billing statement on new purchases (provided you have paid your previous balance in full by the due date).
- APR: 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 9 billing cycles after your account is opened.
- FREE online access to view transactions, pay your bill, view up to 48 prior statements and more!
- Generous annual point cap of 75,000 points and 5 year point expiration for the reward points.
- Note : There IS a balance transfer fees done in response with this offer. The fees is greater of $10 or 3% of the transaction, up to $75.
We have had a good experience with this Visa credit card from FNB. But our focus for opening this card was to collect the sign-up bonus. If you are planning to do balance transfer with this card it is most probably not a good option since the minimum balance transfer fees is $10. For that purpose you Citibank's AT&T Universal Rewards Card which is also offering 0% APR for balance transfers for the first 12 months with NO balance transfer fees along with a sign-up bonus of $100! We encourage our readers to leave comments about their experiences with this deal.