[This post is written and copyrighted by FIRE Finance (http://firefinance.blogspot.com).]
An interesting finding from Air Travel Consumer Reports (February 2006) published by the US Department of Transportation is:
"In 2005, nearly 1 out of every 3 U.S. flights experienced a flight delay."Unfortunately, delays are sometimes a part of travel. Often we find ourselves left stranded at the airport due to bad weather or other causes. But now we can relax and let Travel Delay Protection take care of our worries. It provides reimbursement for hotel accommodations, transportation, food, and necessities.
- Deal: Link
- Bonus: Enroll now and receive a complimentary Weekender Bag.
- Provides up to $200 per day for up to two days, if no alternative transportation is available by 9 p.m. of the same day.
- Provides up to $50 per day for up to two days if no alternative transportation is available within three hours of the original Scheduled Airline flight.
- Provides up to $250 per day for up to 2 days if a combination of both situations mentioned previously should occur.
- There's no charge to enroll, and no ongoing paperwork hassles. Travel Delay Protection is billed automatically to your American Express Card only when you travel, until your enrollment is terminated.
- Fees: $9.95 per Covered Person per Covered Trip when you purchase a Scheduled Airline ticket with your enrolled Card.