[This post is written and copyrighted by FIRE Finance (http://firefinance.blogspot.com).]
UPromise is Giving Away 500,000 for College Scholarships this year!
This move is a part of their mission to make college more accessible. So they've gone ahead and increased their scholarship fund to $500,000, which is twice that of 2008. It implies that 200 of the best and brightest students will receive scholarships of $2,500 each for the 2009-2010 academic year. Bravo!
Applications must be received by February 28, 2009. Awards will be based on need and merit. Applicants must:
- be Upromise members or the child of a Upromise member (Not a member yet? Join Upromise today).
- be United States citizens or legal permanent residents who reside in one of the 50 U.S. states or Washington, D.C.
- have a combined family adjusted gross income of $65,000 or less.
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll during the 2009-10 academic year or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or vocational-technical school.